If you plan on going out this weekend in Los Angeles, you might want to plan your drive around the 110 closure happening this weekend.
According to KTLA 5, a part of the "110 Freeway is scheduled for overnight closure over the weekend as Caltrans crews work to demolish an old pedestrian bridge near downtown Los Angeles." The bridge being demolished is over the 110 Freeway at 21st Street and the closures will "impact traffic between the 10 Freeway interchange and Exposition Boulevard."
Here's what you need to know about the upcoming closures this weekend by KTLA 5:
- Beginning at 11 p.m., southbound lanes of the 110 Freeway will be reduced to one lane between the 10 Freeway and Exposition Boulevard. The eastbound and westbound connectors from the 10 Freeway will also be closed as early as 9 p.m. to limit traffic.
- All soundbound onramps will also be closed.
- The first round of closures will last until 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- A full closure of southbound lanes between the 10 Freeway and Exposition Boulevard and northbound lanes between Adams Boulevard and Washington Boulevard will be in effect starting at 11 p.m.
- Crews will begin to close onramps and connectors as early as 9 a.m.
- All closures are expected to be lifted by 8 a.m.